- Test your smoke detectors regularly.
- If you suspect a fire leave the immediate area and call the fire department.
- Stop, Drop and Roll.
- Have a central meeting point.
- Stay low below the smoke.
- Seal the door cracks with wet towels.
- If you cannot leave a room, hang a sheet out the window letting the firefighters know which room you are in.
- Kids: do not be afraid of the firefighters, they are there to help you even though they may look a little scary. Their equipment is there to help save you.